Wednesday, June 24, 2009

There's nothing worse than seeing 2 high school sweethearts get married on facebook

In all honesty, when I saw this update I threw up a little in my mouth. It was like seeing 2 siblings make out in front of my face. UGH!
Of course they are all happy and in love in the sunset on the beach. It's sickening and not because I'm jealous. It's sickening because these people haven't branched outside of our small hometown in Orange County to see the world and date new people. These are the type of people that will be breeding future citizens of the OC and never know what Hollywood Blvd looks like because their life is contained to area between Hamilton and Talbert *Anything farther than Talbert would be the uncharted territory of Fountain Valley*
We wonder why our youth is half brain dead when we watch shows like The Hills...because as OCers, we cannot leave our newly remodeled strip malls and cul-de-sacs. I'm convinced that OC was mapped out to have millions of these neighborhoods as a metaphor for the type of people who would be inhabiting them. We are a series of families crammed into a dead end neighborhood, much like our lives are crammed with a series of dead ends.
What makes the situation even better is that this person has a photo posted of our high school cheer squad (and yes, this too makes me throw up). This part of the story makes me laugh because my school's cheer squad was unlike any other you've ever seen. They all started out as hot young women trying out for the freshman squad, but by Junior year, they were all pushing 215. There was nothing better than trying to watch them flap around in their size 26 skirts and balance on each other's shoulders. It was like watching a circus of elephants make a pyramid. This may be mean to say, but I can't help it. It makes me laugh until I cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment